🌠Product & Tech Approach
To give you a glimpse about how we approach product and tech, think of the following: data -a lot of it, team spirit, scalability, smart processes, automations, clear roadmap.
Our current stack includes technologies and tools such as .NET Core, Typescript, SQL Server, ElasticSearch, Angular 6, Webpack, Bootstrap, SCSS, Grafana, Seq, Git, Octopus and many more.
For this role, you will be working hand-in-hand with Isaac, our CTO, and Sylvain, our CPO.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it
- Design, develop, maintain and improve our software platforms, with a focus on availability, scalability and security.
- Create elegant solutions to interesting engineering problems.
- Bring your opinions and voice to the table and help shape the future growth and development of our platform.
- Contribute to team best practices.
- Develop features full stack from the DB to the API (if you want, you can do it all the way to the UI).
- Challenge and optimize implementations together with the team.
- Develop comprehensive automated tests for features via unit tests, acceptance tests and end-to-end integration tests.
- Ensure the platform remains scalable and the codebase remains maintainable.
- Work in an agile team and delivering features on a daily basis.
💪The skills and experiences we're looking for
For every checkbox you can thick below, add a point. If your total is above 25, you're the kind of battalion we want on board - let's meet! If your total is above 32, holy #$^°#, we really, like really, really should meet.
Previous work background
- [ ] Educated to degree level in an information technology related field.
- [ ] 4+ years of experience developing production level software using Microsoft .NET and C#.
- [ ] Experience with SQL (complex queries, stored procedure, view development, etc.).
- [ ] Experience in building a long-term product.
- [ ] Team player who enjoys solving problems together.
- [ ] Experience in building a long-term product used by plenty of users
- [ ] Understanding of design patterns or architectures required to develop enterprise applications (distributed systems, messaging systems, eventual consistency, etc.)
- [ ] Proficiency in writing C# code using industry best practices.
- [ ] Proficiency in writing web apps using industry best practices
- [ ] Comfortable with versioning tools Git, Gitflow & Github.
- [ ] Rock solid understanding of client server architecture (HTTP protocol, DNS, etc.).
- [ ] Knowledge of Agile and associated development techniques including:
- [ ] Iterative Development
- [ ] Refactoring
- [ ] Unit Testing
- [ ] Automated Builds & Deployment of Software solutions
- [ ] Continuous Integration and Delivery
- [ ] Acceptance Test Driven Development
- [ ] Knowledge of formal testing and deployment methods from conception through to go-live
- [ ] Advanced usage of Browser Developer Tools
- [ ] Eagerness and aptitude to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- [ ] Comfortable with peer-coding, code-reviews, etc.
- [ ] Fluent written English.
- [ ] Experience using Microsoft technologies.
- [ ] Specific XP with Microsoft SQL Server Big Data Clusters
- [ ] Experience with performance optimization (.NET & DB)
- [ ] Sensibility to big data environment and workflows.
- [ ] Sensibility to analytics, data science or data architecture.
- [ ] Familiarity with modern frontend engineering - Angular, Gulp, Sass, Typescript, Browser Developer Tools.
- [ ] Knowledge of package management and automation tools.
- [ ] Automation, CI/CD experience - TeamCity, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy or Docker.
- [ ] Containers and container/service orchestration.
- [ ] Data visualization skills
- [ ] Thirsty, startuppy, and passionate fighter.
- [ ] Creative and organized.
- [ ] Indulgent and empathic good communicator and team-player.
- [ ] Convey goals, progress and issues to the wider team, including management, peers and clients.
- [ ] Agile problem solving: Understand the question behind the question and break down the problem into smaller, more easily solvable pieces
- [ ] Healthy Passion: Keep up-to-date on advances in the field and be aware of the latest technological advances.
- [ ] Self-Starting Motivation: Experiment and explore; take risks, but stay persistent while facing roadblocks.